Veterans in Engineering
Troops to Engineers Program
The following criteria must be met in order to participate in the Troops to Engineers Program:
- Must have served in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Be a current SDSU student
- Declared Engineering major
- Meet minimum 2.5+ GPA requirement
- Security clearance (optional)
Please note: Active duty service members who are currently transitioning out of the U.S. Armed Forces should begin by applying for SDSU admission. Please visit The Joan and Art Barron Veterans Center to review information on military-connected admissions.
The Troops to Engineers Program provides assistance with the following:
- Paid internships (current T2E students)
- Job opportunities (current T2E grads)
- Networking events
- Tours of engineering companies
- Professional development activities
In order to get started, eligible participants must complete the following steps:
- SDSU Admission - Apply for admission to SDSU. For more information on admissions for military-connected students, please visit The Joan and Art Barron Veterans Center. Please note: The application period for the fall 2018 semester is between October 1 and November 30, 2017.
- Registration - Once accepted, participants will need to complete the Troops to Engineers Program intake form in-person at the Troops to Engineers office located in The Joan and Art Barron Veterans Center (Student Services West, Room 1661C). Office hours are 9:00am-4:00pm.
- Orientation - Complete the Troops to Engineers Program orientation. Contact a T2E Program Coordinator regarding scheduling.
- Participation - Active program participation is required in order to remain eligible for the program (i.e. professional development workshops, networking events, career fairs, etc.).