- Applications for Fall 2018 are now: CLOSED
- Applications for Fall 2019 will be accepted from: OCTOBER 1, 2018 to FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Spring, Summer, and Winter admissions are not offered.
A complete application to the JDP includes:
- Online SDSU graduate application and Interfolio supplemental application
- Payment of application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions
- Certificates of all degrees earned
- Official GRE and TOEFL (if applicable) scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Acceptance by an SDSU faculty member to serve as advisor
Steps 1 and 2 are completed via the SDSU graduate application online. Do not submit an application or any supporting documents directly to UCSD
as they will not be reviewed or added to your SDSU application.
Steps 3 and 4 are completed by mailing official documents to:
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
If any documents are in a language other than English, they must be translated either
by the issuing institution or a translation company selected by the applicant and
the original language document must be sent with the translation.
Step 5 is completed by sending official scores from ETS to SDSU (ETS Code: 4682).
Steps 6, 7, and 8 are submitted online via the Interfolio supplemental application.
Step 9: Securing an SDSU faculty advisor is required before an application may be
reviewed. Applicants may contact faculty members directly to inquire if they wish
to serve as their advisor. A listing of faculty, their research, and contact info
can be found on each departmental website:
Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
The application and ALL supporting documents as indicated in steps 1 thru 9 above must
be submitted by February 15, 2018. Documents received after that date will not be accepted and incomplete applications will
be automatically rejected.
Admission occurs when the applicant is formally accepted by the graduate deans of
both universities and then affirms their intent to enroll.
For more information contact:
Donovan Geiger, Joint Doctoral Program Manager
Telephone: (619) 594-6079