- Applications for Fall 2017 are now: CLOSED
- Applications for Fall 2017 were open from: OCTOBER 1, 2016 to FEBRUARY 15, 2017
Spring, Summer, and Winter admissions are not offered.
A complete application to the JDP includes:
- Online SDSU graduate application
- Payment of application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions
- Certificates of all degrees earned
- Official GRE and TOEFL (if applicable) scores
- Online SDSU supplemental application
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Acceptance by an SDSU faculty member to serve as advisor
Requirements 1 and 2 are completed via the SDSU graduate application online. Please do not submit an application or any documents directly to UCSD as
they will not be reviewed.
Requirements 3 and 4 are completed by mailing official documents to:
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
If any documents are in a language other than English, they must be translated either
by the issuing institution or a translation company selected by the applicant.
Requirement 5 is completed by sending official scores from ETS to SDSU (ETS Code: 4682).
Requirements 6 thru 10 are submitted electronically via the supplemental application online.
The application and ALL supporting documents as indicated in steps 1 thru 10 above must
be submitted by February 15, 2017. Documents received after that date will not be accepted and incomplete applications will
Securing an SDSU faculty advisor is required before an application may be reviewed.
Applicants may contact faculty members directly to inquire if they wish to serve as
their advisor. A listing of faculty, their research, and contact info can be found
on each departmental website:
Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Admission occurs when the applicant is formally accepted by the graduate deans of
both universities and then affirms their intent to enroll.
For more information contact:
Donovan Geiger, Joint Doctoral Program Manager
Telephone: (619) 594-6079