Women in Engineering Program
SDSU’s Women in Engineering Program was created in Fall 2019 to engage and provide support for undergraduates, graduates, and female faculty to create a welcoming community within the College of Engineering. SDSU’s WE provides resources and various opportunities to help them succeed at SDSU in addition to the opportunity to network and be mentored by local SDSU alumnae and industry representatives. SDSU’s WE Program also provides support and STEM outreach to K-12 students through the College of Engineering’s Femineer® Program.
The mission of SDSU’s Women in Engineering Program is to engage and provide support for undergraduates, graduates, and female faculty by cultivating a welcoming environment of knowledge and growth among a safe community within the College of Engineering in order to produce competent and passionate graduates for the engineering workforce. A special component within the WE Program is the College of Engineering Femineer® Program which strengthens the pipeline through engaging in K-12 STEM outreach.
- WE Chats
- Offered monthly during the semester to provide 50-minutes in-person or virtual chats with a female engineering role model discussing her academic & career journey, topic of empowerment for the students, and a brief Q&A session.
- WE Do Coffee Hour
- Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to come together for coffee (or tea) and catch up with our WE faculty & staff during our monthly coffee hours.
- K-12 STEM OUTREACH EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Femineer® Friday Activities
- WE Faculty & Staff Coloring Pages
- WE Research Lab Student Opportunities
WE Believe Program - The SDSU Women in Engineering (WE) are proud to announce a new summer program for black students to gain engineering skills. WE BELIEVE: WomEn and Black Empowered Learners Interning in Engineering EnVironmEnts is a four-week internship for 20 high school and community college students selected from around San Diego County. The flyer is available here.
- We would love to connect with our SDSU Engineering Alumnae and feature you at our upcoming WE Chats and workshops.
- Whether you’re interested now or later to get involved in our SDSU WE efforts, please fill out this SDSU WE ALUMNAE Questionnaire
- Faculty Resources
- Networking Matters more for Women in Academia
For questions or assistance with the SDSU Women in Engineering Program, please contact: