San Diego State University
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
University of California, San Diego
- What is the location?
San Diego is located on the coast of southern California, about two hours south of Los Angeles by car. San Diego is a major metropolitan city with over 1.3 million residents, making it the 2nd largest city in California and the 8th largest in America. It is home to many beautiful beaches, mountains, and a year-round warm Mediterranean-style climate. San Diego also supports a vibrant economy and world-class entertainment, historical, and sporting venues.
SDSU is located about 10 minutes east (by car) from downtown San Diego and is served by the San Diego Trolley and several bus lines. UCSD is located about 15 minutes north by car of downtown San Diego and is served by several bus lines and a local university shuttle.
Applicants who have previously attended institutions outside the United States may have different document requirements.
For evaluation purposes, unofficial documents can be submitted. Copies of transcripts and diplomas/degree certificates can be uploaded through your SDSU WebPortal account under Upload Admission Documents. If transcripts and diplomas/degree certificates are not issued in English, applicants must submit a certified literal English translation of each document. The translated documents must be from the university or a certified translator and should contain all information shown on the original language documents and in the same format.
If admitted, official documents will be required prior to enrollment and must be sent directly from the institution(s) in a sealed envelope and signed or stamped by the appropriate official at the university. Please do not send your only original academic record(s) and/or diploma(s)/degree certificate(s). All documents received become property of SDSU and will not be returned.
In addition, all applicants (regardless of citizenship status) applying to SDSU from an international institution where the medium of instruction was not English, must submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- TOEFL minimum score of 80 iBT/ 550 PBT: Score can be sent electronically from Educational Testing Service (ETS) using the SDSU institution code: 4682. Test score must be from within the past two years.
- IELTS overall score of 6.5 or higher: Score report must be submitted directly to the SDSU Graduate Admissions Office. Test score must be from within the past two years.
- Duolingo English Test score of 105 or higher: Score can be sent electronically from Duolingo, to the SDSU Graduate Admissions Office. Test score must be from within the past two years.
- PTE minimum score of 58 or higher: Score report must be submitted directly to the SDSU Graduate Admissions Office. Test score must be from within the past two years.
- Official transcripts have been received indicating English as the principal language of instruction.